The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Telesales Agent opportunity, you will have:
- Proven success in outbound sales.
- A demonstrated ability to establish trust quickly, overcome objections and be persuasive over the phone.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong listening/comprehension abilities.
- Great telephone presence, including the ability to:
- Engage and motivate using patience and a conversational approach.
- Convey confidence and a positive attitude.
- The self-discipline to be successful in a remote role, including the persistence to make a high number of outbound calls.
- The ability to:
- Adapt to a regularly changing environment.
- Navigate and multi-task in several computer applications while holding a conversation.
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, and a bachelor's degree is a plus.
- Healthcare outreach and/or member support experience would be helpful but is not required.
- A quiet, private, distraction-free home office work environment.
- A reliable high-speed Internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber) with speeds of at least 10Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.
- Willingness to do constant sedentary work.
- Discipline to work from home while following a set schedule.
Pictured: Catasys clients tend to be industry leaders, crafting best practices in health care. They provide programs and support proven to improve member health, and healthier members drive claims costs down. Their focus on the right care at the right time delivers the right outcomes for all involved.
The RoleMaking first contact
Internally your title will be Member Engagement Specialist, and you will make outbound calls to, and receiving inbound calls from, targeted health plan members. Your key goal will be to generate interest in our unique program, which is designed to help members better manage their health and wellbeing. In most cases, you will be a prospective member's first contact from Catasys, and you'll pave the way to facilitate enrollment by the Care Coach team.
Success will require a softer touch -- an overly pushy approach will backfire. The emphasis will be on educating people about the program and the benefits it offers. The program is covered by the prospective member's insurance, so you'll never need to ask for money. It may take many calls to a prospect to get them to make the first step, and you'll continue to reach out until they say "yes" or ask us to stop.
At the same time, you'll have goals, so you'll need to be gently persuasive and persistent. On the initial call, your challenge will be to establish rapport in short order with someone who wasn't expecting the call. Then you'll build on that rapport on every call with a prospect, and each call should move the process forward.
More specifically, you will:
- Make outbound calls to identified members regarding the program.
- Engage targeted members in a discussion about their health, and effectively present how the program may benefit the member.
- Educate the member on all three tiers of the program: care coaching, counseling and medical treatment.
- Ensure the member understands the value of the program, leveraging your ability to recognize and overcome objections to program enrollment.
- Accurately document and update records in required systems.
- Work collaboratively with Care Coaches through the use of instant messaging, email and telephone calls.
- Receive inbound calls and route appropriately.
- Utilize internal systems to view and complete assigned tasks.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Deliver world-class customer service skills and demonstrate an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time.
More Good ReasonsImpact lives in so many ways
You'll be an integral part in supporting people coping with their unique life challenges. Every member of the Catasys team contributes to accomplishing our goals and upholding our people-centric values.
The new face of mental health
Our model is research-based and we are invested in staying on the leading edge of treatment. You'll help us break down barriers and stigmas associated with mental health.
Our ongoing strong growth and evolution will create the need for proven players to step up. You might take your Catasys career in several directions. We are committed to promoting from within.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid holiday and sick time; flexible spending accounts and more.
Keys to SuccessWe're looking for smart go-getters that can help lay the foundation for an amazing member experience in a pioneering health management framework. Our most effective Telesales Agents bring a passion for our mission as well as an understanding of motivational interviewing (we'll teach you if you're not already familiar with it). They understand prospective members' reluctance, and they have the finesse and compassion to move prospects gently but surely toward enrollment.
Your interpersonal and communication skills will be essential. Over the phone you won't have body language, gestures or facial expressions to support what you are saying. You'll need to be articulate and have a great phone presence to establish trust quickly on the first call. Following that you'll need to be able to convey empathy as you educate and motivate with your voice alone. We'll provide talking points, but success will depend on your personal touch.
The role involves getting very personal very quickly. You'll need to be comfortable asking questions about both health issues and life choices. In addition, you'll need a strong sense of confidentiality to respect and protect prospects' privacy.
In order to meet your targets, you will need to make a lot of calls each shift. In addition, working from home requires a good deal of discipline and self-motivation. While support is just a phone call away, the more resourceful you are in solving problems independently, the more efficient you will be.